Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Leaves Are The Same Color As Your Eyes.

The leaves begin to turn a certain shade of brown,
Breaking from the branch they slowly flutter to the ground.
It hasn’t been the same since you left me sitting here,
I’ve cried all the tears I can and now I’m running dry.
Decided not to disappear, no I won’t run and hide.

I’ll continue on through the seasons,
Drifting through fall until I find my reason -
Another reason to live, another reason to fight,
Up until this day, you were the only thing keeping me alright.

My mind is full of memories of you,
Things I should forget but for some reason; I refuse.

Tell me, where did you go?
Are you thinking of me too?
Probably not. Why would you?

The leaves begin to turn a certain shade of brown,
Breaking from the branch they slowly flutter to the ground.
I continue to sit at your favorite spot in the park,
Hoping, just hoping, maybe you’ll come back around.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

I am not a follower. I am not a leader. I am me and that is all.