Friday, May 8, 2009

The Letter

I just wanted to take the time,
To try and write you this letter -
Although, in person I could probably,
Just maybe, I could explain it better.
It doesn't matter now though,
Things are too complicated for me to save you.
You don't need me to save you,
But I'll do my best to remind you to stay true.
Just be you.

Did you get lost along the way?
Stumble and fall down,
Or just up and turn your back on the whole town.
It doesn't really matter to me, y'know,
Because I'd have done the same thing.
Packed my shit and left town,
I would have done the same thing.

But remember, I'm the only guy that's ever truly cared.
I know you didn't mean those things you said, you were just scared.
Scared to think that maybe I'd not uphold my promise to always be there,
But baby, here I am, here I am, I'm not going anywhere.
So just know, when you come back around, I'll be right here.
We can pick these broken pieces up off the ground.
We can move on and...

I know you don't need superman,
But baby I'm just being me. It's in my nature,
To play the role of savior. Call me your own personal,
I'm your own personal, Jesus. I'll pay for your sins,
I'll take the punishment for you in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am not a follower. I am not a leader. I am me and that is all.