Monday, May 4, 2009

Only In The Movies (Dual Perspective)

You stand across the room,
I stand there staring at you.
Almost as though I were plotting your doom,
But honestly I just wanted to get to next to you.
For a few short minutes I tried,
Thinking of how I was gonna make my move.
Too bad I was too slow and he got to you,
A smile on his face showing his perfect teeth.
Something I surely didn't have,
His tight shirt showed his large biceps.
Again, I was lacking.
To be honest, intelligence is the only thing I'm packing.

Why would anybody choose me over him?
Things like that only happen in the movies.
Don't try and tell me different,
Lies like that are only believed in the movies.

I see your picture in the paper,
You're holding onto him.
It says something about a wedding,
Too bad I can't come.
I know you've sent me an invitation,
But I've got better things to do.
Okay, I'm lying.
I'll just be hanging out at home.
A noose wrapped around my neck,
A final tug just to check.
Tip the chair and watch it fall,
Good-bye to everything, I'm ending it all.

How can I believe things'll get better?
That only happens in the movies.
Don't try and tell me different,
That lie is only believed in the movies.


--------------------------------------------------------

I saw you standing across the room,
I tried not to stare at you.
Didn't want to seem like I was crazy,
I waited for you to make your move.
I saw you walking in my direction,
But you didn't make it fast it enough.
Took that as a sign you weren't interested,
So I danced with him.

Why didn't I meet my dream guy?
I guess that only happens in the movies.
Don't try and tell me otherwise,
That lie only gets by in the movies.

I saw your picture in the paper,
The headline said something about suicide.
Why did you have to do it?
You could have just said how you feel.
To be honest, I was waiting,
This entire time for you.
Yes I love him,
But not as much as I - loved you.

Why couldn't things have gotten better?
That only happens in the movies.
Don't try and tell me otherwise,
That lie only gets by in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am not a follower. I am not a leader. I am me and that is all.